Friday, August 31, 2012

Random Ramblings

I haven't been posting reviews lately because of lack of time. My routine these days is to: Pick up a book, Finish or Drop it, Start a new one. I don't have the time to come up with a sensible review with every book I read so I guess I will just be posting my Read, Currently Reading and To Read for some time until I can squeeze a review or two. Or maybe in one entry I can post short reviews/thoughts about a couple of books. School sucks. I wish the semester would end!!


Onyx (Lux, #2)

So the most recent book I've Read: Onyx by Jennifer Armentrout

Short Thought: Am I the only person who didn't enjoy this book as much as the other squealing fans did? Most of the time I found myself rolling my eyes during the cliche moments. Daemon is swoon-worthy, I must admit, though Katy is freakingly annoying! It was so frustrating! I can't remember if she annoyed me this much during the first book? Hm. I keep putting off this book. Didn't finish it in one sitting, even skeptical about going through the headache of dealing with Katy. So you see, I was surprised I even finished this one. Sadly the book was not as mind blowingly awesome as her other series which is The Covenant. I hope Katy gets better (in terms of her personality) and become a little less Katy on the next installment. 

Rating: 3.5 over 5 ;-)


Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1)Now for my Currently Reading: The Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

I think I'm a quarter through the book. I'm currently in a neutral state with regards to my opinion with this book.. I guess I'm still in the process of engaging myself with the plot. Although so far... it hasn't yet given me a reason to put off this one and pick up a new read. What I'm expecting is for this one to blow my socks off (metaphorically, of course) as how the other bloggers would've gushed over their reviews over this one. :P So I guess I'll find out!! For my "Next Read" picks, I think I'll be posting a new blog entry tomorrow... rather later this day. It's 2:46 AM. I have to get ready for class at 4AM, so you see.. I need my sleep! :)) See what I mean when I said I don't have the time to blog about my feelings on every single book I finish reading!! So yeah, be posting more awesome stuffs later! Ciao. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment